Friday, October 7, 2011

Work at home.

Work at home.

You will find about 23,958 of those signs in Sacramento. That's an exaggeration, but they are really everywhere. They're nailed to telephone rods and zip-associated with chain-link fences. You will find new designs constantly.  These possess a mysterious not enough information regarding what company or plan they're marketing.

I was always sure these were marketing a gimmick, I mean, individuals with a genuine money-making chance do not have to publish it on telephone rods. They guard it with encoded emails, copyrights and lawyers. I never bothered calling the amounts, although I was curious. When I was working at MCI in 1998, I found that all toll-free amounts reveal your telephone number whenever you give them a call, so I did not wish to call from home phone.

While capturing for that "Why would anybody be interested in Sacramento" story, I was investing considerable time driving around capturing. I tore lower a lot of these signs, however it appeared just like a hopeless endeavor...there have been 100s of these, and they have existed for a long time.

Finally, one evening on Yahoo Messenger,  my pal Ross recommended that I perform some analysis and set of what I find.  He recommended that I give them a call up from the pay phone & find the things they counseled me about. I wasn't too looking forward to it, in the end, I was sure it had been a gimmick.

In the morning, I authored lower seven from the toll-free telephone numbers and known as them.

The first was 800-326-2016.

I was sure I would certainly be hearing message-machines, so I wasn't nervous about giving them a call. The first would be a message about how exactly catalog shopping is the greatest business on the planet, the way it wasn't a "get-wealthy-quick plan", contributing to the way they "need assistance within their business". It requested me to depart my address in the tone, so that they could send us a 14-page report. The content did not say what the organization was...exactly that it had been a lot of money 500 company, referred to because the "quickest growing company in the marketInch.

Okay, well, I stuck without departing a note. Then I known as the following three amounts.

800-756-8424, 800-296-7519, and 800-213-6421.

All of them had exactly the same message. It had been a ladies voice, and she or he began the content having a distinctive "Ya know". Within the approaching times of  telephone number analysis, I heard this message a large number of occasions. The next would be a wrong number, the sixth number was the "ya know" message. The seventh number were built with a different message, however it had some facets of the very first message, "20-year leader in the industryInch and "make use of mail-order".  This message, too, was an attempt to transmit us a 14-page guide.

Well.  I was stunned. These signs counseled me over town, in lots of different designs, plus they were everything of 1 company. An excellent-secret Fortune 500 company that never put its title of their ugly ever-present signs.

I walked lower towards the small-mart with my mind spinning. Many of these signs...all this trash...throughout Sacramento. One company was responsible. I needed to track them lower & I needed to expose them! Also, I needed to get photos from the problem signs & start monitoring the amounts so I could develop a convincing case and discover the entire story.  Maybe my sign-sample just happened to possess one source.

In route back in the small-mart, I found a child of those dumb small-fliers recorded to some news stand. It had the tell-tale figures of my mystery company, $500-$3,000/mo pt, $3,000-$10,000/mo foot. I immediately understood...it had been exactly the same people.

It had been exciting... I was almost scared.

The corporation clearly had many individuals working in most types of ways attempting to recruit new people in to the business.  I figured it should be a multi-level marketing company, like Amway, but I wasn't sure what the organization was yet.

The following day I awoke early and required more photo of signs, making note from the telephone numbers.  This is not hard in Sacramento...they're everywhere.  I found about 15 types in West Sacramento and Downtown. I also captured pics of  couple of "slim down now" and "I lost 30lbs. in thirty daysInch signs, and something "Sal's Tacos" sign.

No comments:

Post a Comment